Sunday, September 21, 2008

Still a Prophet

After Church today a young mother came up to me and asked if her son, about 2 years old, had been making eyes at me during Sacrament Meeting. They were sitting across the aisle and about 3 rows ahead of us. I said yes he was. She said that he had told them that he saw our Prophet sitting just over there. This is not the first time I have been mistaken for a Prophet. Several other children have also said the same thing. We thought it was because of some slight resemblance to President Hinckley - both bald, both gray fringe, both wearing glasses, etc. This one is too young to remember President Hinckley, however. It's nice to be thought of in such illustrious company, but a bit daunting to make sure I don't damage their reputation in some child's estimation.

3 comments:

Lynda/Mom said...

How touching! I remember wondering when I was younger why my dad wasn't a general authority since I couldn't imagine a person could be more righteous than he was. However, a two year old!! I didn't even know children that young knew what a prophet was. And I really don't think you look like President Hinckley--I think it's more your goodness shining through along with your love of little children.

jared and mary 2 said...

It's a prediction, yeah, that's it.

I don't think you need to worry too much about spoiling their idea of what a prophet is. Just keep being yourself.

Sandy Brunson said...

This is a fantastic story. Thanks for sharing it. Pretty adorable of the two-year old.