Saturday, February 7, 2009

M.J. Stapely and her children

These two pictures are of Mary Janet Stapely Bringhurst and her children.  This one is of her with her sons (l to r) Marias William (will), Charles, Samuel, and Leo.

Mary Janet Stapley Bringhurst & Sons

This one is of her and her daughters (l to r) Arvilla, Vera, and Veda. (Taken about 1926 so Grandma would have been about 38 years old)

 Image1-36_edited-1

The children in order of age were Will, Veda, Samuel, Vera, Leo, Charles and Arvilla.  For our children who remember Julia Blake who lived in our ward and her cousin who lived in the North Stake, they are descendents of Leo.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

I've never seen those pictures before. Thanks--they're really interesting. I remember Mom talking about Mary Janet Stapley quite a bit--I guess Mom saw her a fair amount. Anyway, fun to see the family resemblances, etc.

Lynda/Mom said...

I remember Mom and Grandma mentioning the names of Grandma Wilkinson's siblings, and I believe I may have met one or two of them on some occasion, but I didn't remember any faces. Thanks for posting.