Friday, October 30, 2009

How Many of Me?

Our librarian at work is always sending out links to interesting web sites. This is one she sent today.
www.howmanyofme.com  

Did you Know?
  • There are 2,626,763 people in the U.S. with the first name Richard.
  • Statistically the 8th most popular first name.
  • 99.77 percent of people with the first name Richard are male.
  • There are 141,834 people in the U.S. with the last name Lawrence.
  • Statistically the 219th most popular last name.
  • Famous people with the last name Lawrence:

  • There are 1,211 people in the U.S. named Richard Lawrence.

5 comments:

Barbara said...

We were always told that Lawrence was a common name, but I've not encountered that many in my life. The funniest name incident I remember is I was getting on a plane in Kansas City and this woman comes storming up to me and said "Is your name Barbara Lawrence?" I was startled that she would know my name, but said "yes." "Well," she said, "so is mine, and they booked us into the same seat, thinking there was only one." I'm not sure exactly what she did, but was glad I got to the seat first!!

Joanne said...

Barbara, that's pretty funny!! Richard, what are the stats on Richard Lawrences?

Lynda/Mom said...

I'm happy most of the Richards are male! Those are pretty interesting stats. Nice to hear from you again.

Andrew and Liz Orton said...

I went to the website and found there are only 33 people with the name Elizabeth Orton... not too many of us out there. -- that's a good feeling. :)

Austin's Mommy said...

Interesting to note but you're still 1 of a kind. :)