Thursday, March 18, 2010

weeds or flowers?



One persons weed patch is another's flower bed. Between the drought last summer that killed off all the grass and the copious rain this past winter, we had a bumper crop of weeds in our yard this spring. I was out mowing down some of the weeds the other day and decided I'd better leave these, this being the Texas State Flower and all. There were only a couple of blooms then, but they have really begun to bloom now. I didn't get them all in this shot either.

4 comments:

Lynda/Mom said...

If it's the state "flower" is it really a weed? I do agree with your opening sentence, however. I like wildflowers and have never considered them weeds. Would you consider the columbine a weed? I think not! I'm glad you didn't mow them down.

Barbara said...

Wow,bluebonnets in your yard!! How fun is that? Enjoy them while they last.

Joanne said...

I've bought and planted pots of California poppies and Colorado Columbines, but they always die. Maybe because they are meant to be wildflowers! Your bluebonnets are great!

Austin's Mommy said...

Wow, Dad. That's the most bluebonnets I've ever seen in that yard! Mom would have been so mad if you mowed them down. She must be just tickled with them now.