Sunday, October 19, 2008

Good news and bad

I was at the Wal-Mart on Military Dr. and I-410 yesterday and the gas price was $2.36 per gal. With the 3 cent discount that is $2.33 a gallon, almost reasonable again. I was going to get a picture but I didn't get a chance. Unfortunately the lines were so long waiting to get to the gas pumps that I decided it wasn't worth the wait. Maybe they will still be low on my way to work tomorrow at 7:00 AM and the lines will not be so long.

I know it's necessary but it is still annoying. They cut the access road down from 3 lanes to 1 lane for the construction where we get on I-410 at Bandera. There was such a long line we decided to take another route yesterday. Unfortunately, that is the way I drive to work every day. I can just imagine what it will be like after Thanksgiving when all the Christmas shoppers are trying to get to Ingram Mall.

1 comment:

Lynda/Mom said...

Well, our gas prices are almost $1 a gallon more than yours. Is that fair? Just kidding! Sorry about the road construction, but we have it everywhere we want to go, both in Nevada and in Utah. It is a real pain!! Nice looking couple in the picture. I like your thoughts for your grandchildren--we talked in Sunday School class today about being thankful for our trials because the Lord blesses us to maximize our potential if we will let him. It is a liberating concept if one can internalize it. Thanks for blogging.