Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Goodbye glasses

After nearly 54 years its time to say goodbye to glasses and contacts. It seems rather strange not to be wearing them. Yesterday I had the lens in my right eye replaced with a "restore" lens that is supposed to allow me to focus at all distances without external corrective lenses like the left eye that was done in August. 18 hours later the doctor pronounced it good. The lens is properly positioned and my vision is good for that soon after surgery. Now 2 or 3 weeks of regular eye drops and a week of wearing the shield at night and it will be done. So far the vision at long distances is good but still lacking somewhat at intermediate and short distances. That will improve over time according to their experience with these lenses.

5 comments:

Barbara said...

Excellent!! Glad to hear you're doing so well. I think no glasses is a wonderful feeling. I got there when I did my lasik surgery several years ago.

Lynda/Mom said...

I'm trying not to be envious. I've never been able to wear contacts, and I've always disliked my glasses. I'm glad you are doing so well.

Jenny R said...

Congrats!! Hope everything continues to heal well. I can't even imagine what you will look like without glasses - have I ever even seen you in person without glasses? :)

Jenny R said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
marydalene said...

I'm kind of jealous, but not enough to wish cataracts on myself. But it would be nice not to have glasses or contacts. Fun for you.