Saturday, August 9, 2008

Family pictures I

I decided to use this blog to post pictures from Grandma and Grandpa Wilkinson's books of remembrance for those who would like to download them. You can click on the image to view it in a bigger format and right click on it if you want to save it.


This one is of Anna Eliza Wells McAllister and Stephney Wells Davies on the back row left to right and Jane Sarah Wells Wilkinson and Mary Wells Whitehead on the front row left to right. Anna or Annie Eliza, Stephney, and Jane Sarah are sisters, daughters of Stephen Robert Wells and Annie Thorne. Jane Sarah is my great grandmother, wife of Joseph Thomas Wilkinson. Anna Eliza was married to John D.T. McAllister, a person of some prominence in the early church. I am not quite sure who Mary is. There was another sister named Edith Ann Wells, but I don't see how that translates to Mary, unless my grandmother labeled it wrong.

I will try to post at least 1 picture per week.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Thanks for this post. I was just looking for a picture of a great-great grandmother Mary Wells Whitehead. And here she is! Thank you!

Peggy said...

Thank you. Mary Esther Wells and Elizabeth Emily Wells [not pictured] were the only children [except one who died in infancy] Of Stephen Robert Wells and Mary Ann Lowe. The other children are Stephen's with Annie Thorne. Thank you again for the photo.